The bathroom is one of the most functional rooms in a house, and your choice of door is vital. Unfortunately, not many realize this and tend to pay more attention to the vanity's placement, showerhead design, and lighting, leaving the door to take a back seat.
Apart from being high traffic spaces, bathrooms are exposed to high moisture levels. This is particularly one of the most crucial reasons why choosing the best doors for bathrooms should always remain top of mind. Also, considering that they often have limited spacing, your door of choice determines how easy you and your family can undertake everyday bathroom business.
So, are you building a house or undertaking home renovations? This article focuses on everything you should know before you buy interior door for restroom, sharing information that ensures you make an informed choice.
Let’s dive into the details.
What to look for when choosing a bathroom door?
Some of the factors you should consider when picking doors for bathrooms include:
- Material: when picking the ideal material for wetroom doors, avoid porous materials that will absorb moisture over time, rotting or warping. Instead, be on the lookout for materials such as fiberglass that are not affected by overexposure to high humidity levels.
- Swing: A door for comfort room should open seamlessly. So, when choosing your ideal door, consider its swing direction, which can either be to the left or right. Whichever direction you choose, ensure the door will open without bumping into vanities, sinks, or mirrors.
- Pre-hung or regular: you also need to choose between the most popular bathroom door styles - pre-hung or standard door. Unlike their standard counterparts, pre-hung options come as a complete package, inclusive of frames and hinges.
- Design: a myriad of beautiful bathroom door designs exist. The one to pick depends on personal preferences and the room's interior design. Some of the well-liked contemporary designs you might go with include French and glass panel doors. They not only give your bathroom a modern look but are also functional pieces.
What is the best type of bathroom door?
Among the various types of bathroom doors, these stand out as some of the best. They include:
- Fiberglass door: this is one of the best 8 FT interior doors suitable for damp spaces. Its exceptional resistance to damage and versatility in design options makes it one of the most popular bathroom door options. Furthermore, it is durable and will serve your family for decades.
- UPVC door: this is another washroom door that you will find in many modern houses. They are highly functional, will not rot when exposed to moisture, and are easy to clean.
- Steel door: steel may not be an everyday choice for bathroom applications for aesthetic reasons, but it is highly practical and will not rust easily.
- Wooden door: this is the most preferred door material for a home's interior because it comes in an array of aesthetically appealing designs. However, since it is porous and will absorb moisture, many manufacturers will treat solid wooden doors to make them less susceptible to the high moisture content. As a result, homeowners can enjoy prolonged use of wooden doors for wetroom applications without the fear of warping.
Standard restroom door size
The standard door for toilet is 80 inches (approximately 2 meters) long and a width of between 24 and 36 inches (about 0.61 and 0.91 meters).
Luckily, door manufacturers are mindful of the varying customer preferences, allowing homeowners to order custom slab doors. Such bespoke doors come in various materials, shapes and sizes to suit any home.
However, to make sure you purchase one that fits perfectly, you need to take your current door’s measurements—its height and width.
To minimize the chances of ordering ill-fitting doors, do not measure the frame. Instead, measure the door's width at the top, middle, and bottom. Also measure the length of each side, then record the measurement with the highest value.
Additionally, if you are keen on maintaining the current door's thickness, you must also take its measurement. Otherwise, you risk ordering a door with a different thickness.
As you can tell by now, choosing a bathroom door should be a top concern as it ensures you create the ideal space built for longevity.
At United Porte, helping you find an ideal bathroom door is our forte. We have a myriad of standard and bespoke interior door designs to suit your preferences.
Contact us today to order.